It can be challenging to select the best WordPress plugins for your website. The sheer quantity of free and commercial plugins available and the amount of information available about them sometimes forces people to spend hours upon hours researching the best plugins for their sites.
Fortunately, we’ve put together this list of the best WordPress plugins to save you time and ensure your blog has the best plugins installed on your site. We’ve included a variety of plugins that will add all of the fundamental functionality to your WordPress blog, as well as plugins that offer powerful additional capabilities to give your site a competitive edge.
13 Best WordPress Plugins for Blogs
1. Books Gallery
Are you looking for the best plugin to showcase your books? Books Gallery WordPress plugin is one of the best free books gallery plugin available. By using this plugin, you can easily showcase books, maintain affiliate marketing of books and sell books directly online.
In addition to that, this plugin offers many useful features for books stores. If you are running a bookshop and planning to upgrade your business online, then this plugin will be the best solution for you. Download this plugin now and start using it on your site. You can also use this plugin in your blog site and start showcasing books.
- Search option by various categories
- Easy customizable and easy to use plugin
- Book review and ratings
- Show and hide author option
- Option to display country and label
This is a freemium model plugin. It comes with both free and premium versions. Free version has limited features and the pro version has added features on it. The basic version starts from 39.99$ per year.
2. Rank Math
There are numerous SEO plugins for WordPress that have a lot of features, but the majority of them have missing features that create the impression that the plugin is incomplete. So, if you’re looking for a solid, accessible, and effective SEO plugin, Rank Math is an excellent option.
Rank Math is a tool that will enhance traffic to your site through its high-level search engine optimization performance and provides enormous features that’ll help leverage the SEO performance.
- For each post/page, you can either utilize templates or manually edit the SEO titles and descriptions.
- Manage how your content and images are shown on Facebook, Twitter, and other major social media platforms with social media descriptions.
- Optimize content for many focus keywords using focus keyword analysis.
- Performing keyword research is extremely simple.
- Schemas for distinct content sections can be controlled. You can also create a schema that applies to the entire site.
The plugin is freely available. Rank Math also offers premium plans with advanced features such as keyword tracking, rank tracker, advanced Google analytics integration, and much more at $59 per year.
Rank Math also offers a business plan starting at $199 per year and an agency plan which costs $499 per year.
3. Akismet Anti-Spam
If you don’t have any anti-spam procedures in place for your site, likely, your blog will already include spam. Through numerous comments or contact form entries from users, spam can taint your website and back-end files. You may reduce them by using the Akismet plugin, one of the best spam-fighting plugins for blogs.
It’s an anti-spam plugin that looks through all of your comments and contact form entries for potentially damaging information. It scans the website automatically and filters out any content that could be considered spam.
- Backup and restore operations are really simple.
- To see where the spam was found, look at the status history for each remark.
- Moderators can see how many spam comments each person has left.
- Fast performance allows you to save a significant amount of time.
The plugin is freely available, but you can also upgrade to an advanced version which starts at $8 per year.
UpdraftPlus is a popular backup plugin for WordPress. It is advised that you create a comprehensive backup before making any substantial changes to your site, such as changing a theme, upgrading a plugin, or updating the WordPress core. If something goes wrong, you may quickly restore the backup with UpdraftPlus.
No matter how dependable your WordPress hosting is or how cautious you are, things might go wrong at any time. You want to be ready if the worst happens and your site is hacked or goes down. Just in case, UpdraftPlus makes it simple to restore your site and ensure all your blogs are in place.
- Security is ensured by encrypting database backups.
- WordPress multi-site network compatibility.
- Complete backup logs are created.
The plugin is available for free, and you can enjoy the premium version at $42 per year.
The finest WordPress security plugin is Sucuri. It defends your blog from malware and other types of security issues. While you might think that a new blogger isn’t a target for hackers, security is something that every blogger should be concerned about. That’s because hackers target a wide range of websites to infiltrate and disseminate harmful software to all of your visitors. Some scammers will take your site access and lock it until you pay a ransom!
- Protect your blog with a powerful firewall
- Post-Hack security add-ons that automatically remove malware from your blog.
- Your blog is no longer on any blacklists.
- Protects against brute force, DDoS, and XSS assaults.
The plugin is freely available, and the premium version costs $199 per year.
6. WP Rocket
A slow website can easily shrew visitors away from your site, which is why caching plugins are recommended. WP Rocket caches your site so that your server doesn’t have to do all the heavy lifting. Furthermore, it will preload the cache so that search engines may index your site right away.
WP Rocket can help reduce static files and optimize the code of your website. It also improves page loading times even further.
- Setup is quick and straightforward.
- Page and browser is caching Compatible with CloudFlare Lazy loading images and content.
- Enhances the performance of your WordPress blog.
- Provides its content delivery network (CDN).
The premium version is available at $49 per year.
A page builder plugin has enormous benefits not just for the blogs, but for the entire site. Elementor is one of the most popular page builders as it has the potential to be one of the most excellent blog plugins.
You’ll become used to using this plugin quickly and be able to update any feature of your site in a couple of minutes. The plugin offers drag and drop functionality that allows you to change or modify your site with ease.
- Design options for your blogs that are very customizable.
- Accessible on any mobile device, with a fully responsive design.
- Options such as undo and redo, as well as revision history, are available.
- For unusual cases, there is a built-in maintenance mode.
The plugin is freely available, and the premium version costs $49 per year.
8. WP Forms
When you create a blog, readers may feel compelled to contact you to ask you questions about it. So, if you like, you can create a contact form, and WP Forms is one of the best WordPress plugins for adding forms to blogs.
This plugin’s customization interface is incredibly user-friendly, with drag-and-drop fields. You can create an endless number of forms that support numerous columns. The forms you’ve generated are also fully responsive, meaning they can be utilize on any mobile or tablet device.
- WP Forms is GDPR compliant.
- You can also add your signature to your form.
- Easily create survey forms and collect meaningful data and analyze them.
- WP Forms also provides anti-spam protection.
The plugin is freely available and the premium version begins at $39 per year.
9. PublishPress Editorial Calendar
Bloggers can use editorial calendars to know what posts they need to finish and when they’re due. PublishPress allows you to schedule articles for publishing automatically, add notes to each calendar item, and plan material months ahead of time.
The plugin also has a notification system that can notify you when new content is published. You can set up notifications for authors if you leave editorial remarks on the calendar, so they’ll be notified right away if the schedule changes.
- Create an editorial calendar for your blog and plan out content weeks or months ahead of time.
- Assign certain authors to specific postings.
- Editorial notes can be added to calendar entries.
- Set up calendar alerts for yourself or your authors.
The plugin is freely available, whereas the premium version costs $69 per year.
10. Easy Social Sharing
Easy Social Sharing is a social media plugin that allows your visitors to share your website’s content on social network with ease. The plugin helps to reach out to the audience on social network and grow your website traffic.
With the help of this plugin you can share your content on up to 18 different social media networks. This plugin allows you to place the sharing button at the top or bottom of your posts. As a result, depending on the length and layout of your blogs, it may be easy to set it in the desired location.
- Attached and fixed to the screen border is a floating sidebar arrangement.
- Back-end live preview of the sharing design.
- There are six alternative design layouts from which you can choose.
- The straightforward settings panel allows for simple user adjustments.
The plugin is freely available in the WordPress plugins repository.
Smush is an image optimization plugin that helps to optimize your blog images at ease. Your site will tremendously slow down if your images are not optimized and your readers might choose to leave your site out of frustration.
Hence it is extremely important to increase your site loading time by optimizing your images. Smush plugin makes this extremely simple for you. The plugin automatically optimizes the images for speed and performance and you need not worry about your readers leaving the site.
- Easily compress the images
- The quality of the images is not affected
- Compress up to 50 images with a single click.
The plugin is freely available.
12. Simple Author Box
To display an author profile at the ending of your blog posts, use the Simple Author Box plugin. Rather than just displaying your name at the conclusion of blog posts, an author box allows your blog visitors to learn more about you.
When you build a closer relationship with your audience, your blog’s trustworthiness and authenticity will improve. In the Simple Author Box, you can include your name, author gravatar, and bio. You can also include social media icons in the author area to promote your social network profiles.
- Customizable to match the design of your theme
- On the PC, mobile, and tablet, your blog looks fantastic.
- Support AMP for a better user experience.
Simple Author Box plugin is freely available.
13. Easy Google Fonts
No coding is required to add custom Google Fonts to your WordPress theme with Easy Google Fonts. It’s necessary to build a brand for your blog. Your brand reflects the personality of your site and this is what distinguishes you from the competitors.
And if you can’t select a font that matches your brand, it can throw your blog’s entire tone off. You can take control of your blog’s typography and choose the font that best represents you.
- You can choose from 600 Google fonts.
- Preview the font option let’s you decide whether the font is prefect for your blog or not.
The plugin is freely available.
It’s simple to set up a WordPress blog. Growing and sustaining a blog, on the other hand, is a completely different story. This list of the top WordPress plugins for bloggers, fortunately, includes plugins that will assist you in managing every area of your site as it expands.
If you have any other plugins to share with us please let us know in the comments section. We’re happy to hear from you.